Some quick thoughts, going back to the Palin/Biden debate. Why is it a big deal that she said she wasn't going to answer the questions being put to her? Isn't that just being honest about what they all do? I kind of liked her dropping that pretense.
Unless a big "commander-in-chief" moment happens in the next 26 days, I think Obama has won. I do think it will be closer than the polls, though--and race is the reason.
Luke and Susan, if you read this, look into voting for Hal Bidlack, I've met him and he is a really, really super smart and compassionate thinker.
4 comments:
Matt,
I had NEVER heard his name! I just looked up the sample ballot and there he is. I have seen NOT ONE commercial or sign for him. His opponent, however, is very well-known. I wonder if he is even actively campaigning?
Either way - he'll get my vote.
ugh, too bad. Your district is considered one of the top 10 most secure Republican districts in the country. I have no idea how likely he is to win. He says they just bought their first 9-day campaign spot.
You know, I have no idea what Republican and Democrat means anymore, but he's running as a Democrat. That may be why he's not so well-known in Co. Springs.
On Palin: her "I'm not gonna answer" might have worked for me (or at least been tolerable) coming from another candidate. Politicians, Obama included, are skilled at evading questions they are unwilling to answer (as Obama did with entitlement reform), which is frustrating but usually politically necessary. In this particular individual, however, it appeared to be an attempt to to get around questions that she was unable to answer.
All politicians are slippery -- I get that. It's competence that motivates me, and I have yet to see any evidence of that quality from Palin. Her evasiveness reeked of incompetence rather than mere slipperiness.
The Palin comment suggested that she had previously been treated unfairly by being forced to answer questions put to her. That's why her remark pissed me off.
On the evil empire Yes/No question in the Second Presidential Debate, I saw more of what you are talking about. Obama implicitly refused to answer the stupid question and McCain directly refused to answer. I thought McCain's response was fine, which correcting for bias on my part means it was probably better.
Post a Comment