Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ACORN

As an attorney who works in election law, I can tell you that I have not love lost fro ACORN. I no nothing of the recent cases being lodged against them, but it does not surprise me. That said, I hope everyone realizes that registering to vote more than once causes more work for county officials, it does not allow you to vote more than once. Ballots are mailed out based on a list of voters. If you register to vote a second time, you wont get a second ballot. Frankly, it happens all the time.

2 comments:

James Parsons said...

Umm... what?

JimII said...

ACORN has been running voter registration drives. The people who collect registrations get paid by the number of voters they register. Some people register to vote more than once. One guy said he had registered to vote 73 times. That's bad, okay.

However, it does not let you vote 73 times. It is nothing like preventing people who should vote from voting. That is the parallel being suggested.