It's the fourth quarter, Obama has the ball, and he's ahead by ten. McCain will need two scores to catch up. Expect Obama to run the ball straight up the middle again and again. Nothing flashy, nothing fancy, nothing exciting and satisfying. But when McCain gets the ball back, there will be only two minutes left on the clock.
That's what I think will happen tonight. Go
Bears! Obama!
3 comments:
I'm hoping that I can watch tonight and be able to list five things Obama will do with the Democrats in Congress to get the country back on track. I hope he has a plan that he beats like a drum.
You're right about running the clock down. There will be no dramatic challenge for a return of the McCain we once knew. He wont call him out, and ask him to stop having the girl fight for him. That's too bad, but it would be so stupid to be risky you're right.
I would love for Obama's remarks tonight to sound like a State of the Union address broken up into five minute pieces.
No question his best strategy is to run out the clock (it's *three* yards and a cloud of dust, BTW). He is steady as a rock, so I think he'll execute his strategy well.
McCain is likely to go further and further afield in order to try to score a hit, so it will be interesting to see how crazy he becomes.
I think that very craziness has hurt McCain deeply with independents. Initially he might have seemed like an attractive candidate. By showing signs of batshit craziness, however, he seems to be alienating more and more of those in the "center".
Post a Comment