Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another Republican Endorses Obama

Colin Powell. More important than the L.A. Times I think.

4 comments:

shadowfax said...

Another interesting endorsement: The Salt Lake City Tribune.

I generally do not think newspaper endorsements are influential, but they are an interesting window into what the makers of conventional wisdom think. Also, I don't know if the SLCT is a paper with a partisan viewpoint. But it is interesting to see an Obama endorsement from within the heart of Mormonia, USA

Matt Dick said...

I definitely think Colin Powell is a nice endorsement. He's easily as good to have as a major newspaper and he's probably better.

He's a great elder statesman, on the order of a Kissinger or a Baker--in that class. Just below a Bush Sr or a Carter.

JimII said...

Limbaugh pointed out it was because Powell was Black, too. When confronted on it, he clarified by saying something to the effect of "What, that's why he did it."

shadowfax said...

Pat Buchanan also said that Powell endorsed Obama because he was black. When roundly upbraided for this, he added that it was no big deal since Powell's only counts as three-fifths of an endorsement.

(joking.) (about the last bit anyway.)

Isn't it interesting how the conservative community treats apostates?