
How stupid is this? I think Obama was in front of McCain on asking to increase FDIC limits. Obama looked less like a spaz, okay, I guess. Basically, they have both done the same thing. Then you have the Dem Congress & Rep Congress. Here there is some difference, but the Dems gave more support to the supposedly unpopular bailout. So, are people angry at Reps for not doing anything, but happy with Dems for supporting a measure, but one they oppose? More likely just an indication of the general unhappiness with Rep Congress, which usually gets lumped together with Congress in general. Then, the laughable negatives for Bush versus Paulsen. Gosh, people hate him.
2 comments:
I think this is purely just a general "how do you feel about these guys" poll. It puts Obama slightly above the "who will you vote for" poll because Democrats benefit from bad economic times. If they did a "who's the better commander-in-chief" poll it would also be a "who will you vote for" poll slightly skewed toward McCain because Republicans benefit from wars.
At least this is my cynical read.
I was just gonna say about the same thing as Matt.
I feel pretty sure that the internal monologue of most poll respondents to something like this is: "I have been reading and hearing a lot about all this and have a partial, vague, uncertain opinion about what I think it means. I don't know which of these folks has it together, but I guess if you really really really want me to Choose... meh..." and then they rattle off their picks.
Probably not an informative poll (on the election or the crisis), because I think it's not an informative question.
Post a Comment