There was a get-together amongst my classmates prior to the NU homecoming game this weekend. One of my better friends from class is the divorced father of four little girls. His wife (their mother) left them all and moved to Atlanta. John is raising them himself, is the Director of Finance at Stroger Hospital in Chicago, and is going to school. Serious stuff, but that was all background.
Foreground is that at this party, John brought his girlfriend, who happens to be an alderman in the city.
During the game Beth or I asked her if she had a hard time finding parking near the stadium. She said no, she had a staff car take her up and drop her off and she was going home with John and the girls.
So is this a minor abuse of power? I have 100% no issue with this kind of thing, I think it's part of their compensation, but I wonder what others think.
3 comments:
I think it is not an abuse of power. I agree with you that it is part of the compensation.
I remember an "expose" about how Air Force generals had their own parking spaces, at the golf course! Shocking. There are parking spaces for the top executive officers. wow.
Of course, in Arizona we still pay our legislators $24,000.
Seems small-time for Chicago politics. Probably legit. It's the city workers renovating her home that are illegal.
Doesn't bother me.
Post a Comment