I dunno, but when George Will is unable to endorse the Republican candidate -- he makes "us fearful" and is "unpresidential," that's a bad sign.
Less shocking but still bad is losing Fred Hiatt. McCain's base is turning on him, and it isn't going to be pretty.
2 comments:
You've always painted Will as more of a partisan than I think is fair.
He is strongly conservative, but he's not a Republican. He's been as hard on Bush for his entire administration (based on This Week and his column in the Post) as anyone.
But I'd agree, his calling McCain unpresidential is pretty strong.
From today's Will: It is arguable that, because of his inexperience, Obama is not ready for the presidency. It is arguable that McCain, because of his boiling moralism and bottomless reservoir of certitudes, is not suited to the presidency. Unreadiness can be corrected, although perhaps at great cost, by experience. Can a dismaying temperament be fixed?
Ouch again.
And Matt -- you are absolutely right. Kristol is a partisan hack; Will is a conservative ideologue. There is quite a difference/
Post a Comment