Thursday, September 4, 2008

How About this one????

OK - this one - say whatever you like.  I read this blog but do not know the person even in a internet-friend kind of way.  I won't post the whole thing but she talks about how McCain is not conservative enough for her and so Palin helps that some.  Here is her last paragraph.

Caveat: There’s a catch, of course. In addition to distrusting McCain himself, who is still the lead name, I probably won’t vote Republican this year because it’s inappropriate/wrong for a married mother of five to hold a position of such authority, and one that will take her so much away from her family. It’s a little pointless to have five children, and then not raise them wholeheartedly. And as vice president, one step away from the presidency, her authority will far supercede her husband’s, which is not right. Fun as it maybe to have the Republicans running the female candidate, I still don’t want a woman in the White House.

YIKES!

4 comments:

shadowfax said...

Awesome on so very many levels. Seriously.

Though this does bring up one point which has been grating on me: Palin as "working mom." Give me a break! She shouldn't be VP because she is horribly unqualified and because she's an absolute nutjob, but her family should have NO freaking bearing on whether she is VP or not.

I think there's a strong chance that Beth V has a more taxing job, with far less money and support (no offense, Carlos) than Palin would as VP. If Beth can manage to cure cancer while being an exceptional mother, I don't see why Palin can't sit around and wait for McCain to not die and be a mother every bit as well. It annoys me that this talking point is being made by liberals as well as consrvatives.

Matlatzinca said...

No offense taken. I'm just one person, not the entire frickin' SS, not to mention the rest of the White House staff (cooks, cleaners, chauffeurs, etc.).

It annoys me that this talking point is being made
Couldn't agree more.

Matt Dick said...

I regularly read and write in a super liberal forum. The point was made that Palin is a crappy mom for spending so much time away at work. I called the woman on it, saying that no one says this about the men with small children who are governors. She said, "Fine, I'll say it if you want, Obama is a crappy dad"

Okay, so she came level with it, but she didn't say it until Palin came along, and I think that's really revealing. And she is super, super liberal. So what does that say?

Matt Dick said...

Oh and I forgot:

her authority will far supercede her husband’s, which is not right.

Gah!!!!!!!!!