Here's the from a story on CNN:
Although Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden routinely mocks his Republican counterpart, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, for her onetime support of the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere," Biden and his running mate voted to keep the project alive twice.
It's fine, but the point of this story is that Palin lied about saying she didn't support the project. The point is not that the project was so bad, but that she has lied, over and over again, about not supporting it.
4 comments:
You know how interested in earmarks I am? Exactly not interested.
I know that wasn't the point of your post, but I hadn't voiced that opinion yet and it's been growing and growing--the need to express how uninteresting, how insurance-seminar-unprofound I find the issue of whether or not our congresspeople are stealing money for their home districts. I mean under what storm of ignorance and stupidity does one have to live to think they aren't stealing money, and when it makes it back their home districts, there's a good case to be made that this is a vital part of their job.
We are in complete agreement.
It annoys me how vacuous McCain's anti-earmarks stance is, in terms of the federal budget. I am a big-time deficit hawk (what used to be called a fiscal conservative).
If I recall correctly, I think the total value of earmarks in the federal budget is like $30 Billion. McCain has made cutting that trivial amount of waste (if you want to call it waste) a centerpiece of his campaign, and has used that as a counterbalance to his call for tax cuts which would cost something like $300B. He either can't do math, or is just full of shit (I suspect the latter).
Post a Comment