Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bye Carly!

"I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation."

Way to stay on message!



Nor, she also said, could Palin (or Obama nor Biden). I hope she enjoys being exiled to Uzbekistan with Phil "Nation of Whiners" Gramm.

4 comments:

JimII said...

And, by the way, she's wrong IMHO. We have no idea about Palin's abilities. But the other three have demonstrated leadership and management skills.

It reminds me of when I was interviewing to supervise people making license plates and the guy asked me if I had ever made license plates. No asshole. There are some generalized skills.

shadowfax said...

Oh, yeah, it's as silly as DHE's claim that McCain created the Blackberry.

I just posted it because it made me laugh.

James Parsons said...

It is funny, and I also take Jim's point, but really this is silly simply because her point is perfectly valid in and of itself. Experience in politics /= experience in business nor vice versa...

...though of course that's not what we were told when they were promoting the "CEO president." As usual, it's the hypocrisy that stings the most.

Matt Dick said...

her point is perfectly valid in and of itself.

Yes, it is. I don't think Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton could have run corporations, either. In fact it's likely they'd both have been fantastically unqualified for the job. Highly specialized individuals are rarely specialized in more than one field.

In fact, it's possible that Fiorina was articulating what she thought was an admirable quality. She, of all people, knows exactly the kind of person it would take to run a large corporation, and she might associate some success in that arena with something pretty negative. Like when I say, "Bethany could never be a good politician.", I mean that as a great compliment to her sense of honesty, order and a basic respect for people.

I also might say, "Rod Blagojevich could never be a good politician." and mean that he is nakedly unqualified to do the job at a high level.

Obviously you all know this already, but I was (metaphorically) setting this thought in concrete.