Thursday, November 6, 2008

What to do?

We need to figure out our disposition toward Saudi Arabia. When this kind of thing is going on, it just completely highlights how divergent from our values the House of Saud is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I think you had a posting glitch.

I think our position is we are basically happy as long as their oil flows and they are cracking down on terrorist organizations in their country.

Matt Dick said...

Um, I think you had a posting glitch.

I saw that right away. Scribefire sometimes retains too good a memory.

I think our position is we are basically happy as long as their oil flows and they are cracking down on terrorist organizations in their country.

Of course, but I'm asking what is the best policy that isn't an insane deal with the devil. I propose going 100% nuclear over the next 10 years and then abandoning the Middle East for the next 25.

Anonymous said...

Right, not needing their oil is the only way.