Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hillay's constitutional non-problem

Ben Smith at Politico offers a little perspective.

2 comments:

JimII said...

I just don't know how to feel about Secretary Clinton. It strikes me as more of a political move than a pragmatic move. That said, the Clintons are certainly respected internationally. Although, obviously that is tied more to Bill than Hillary.

Matt Dick said...

Assuming she holds the line like she's supposed to, I imagine her ties to BClinton will make her effective enough overseas. She's not really ever been a foreign policy person, so while she's not particularly qualified, she's also probably not particularly "formed". That means she'll probably just toe the line on Obama's policies. BClinton better not ride on Air Force 12 much, that I think would get creepy in the sense of a former president kind of being de facto Secretary of State.

The Saxbe thing is trivial, she can afford to not make whatever pittance our cabinet makes.