Fuck the classy speech. Look, anybody can give a gracious speech to save face when served the biggest electoral loss in 20 years. That's not classy, that's political self-preservation.
McCain and his cronies spent the last two months explicitly calling Obama a america-hating, terrorist-loving anti-semitic socialist who would lose a war to win an election.
I'm sorry, but you just don't get to walk that shit back, certainly not with a hollow, formulaic concession on election night.
2 comments:
I didn't know that about Lincoln, but it was a classy speech.
Fuck the classy speech. Look, anybody can give a gracious speech to save face when served the biggest electoral loss in 20 years. That's not classy, that's political self-preservation.
McCain and his cronies spent the last two months explicitly calling Obama a america-hating, terrorist-loving anti-semitic socialist who would lose a war to win an election.
I'm sorry, but you just don't get to walk that shit back, certainly not with a hollow, formulaic concession on election night.
Post a Comment