Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ack!

I really, really am going to have to stop reading this woman's blog.  I almost left a comment but I refrained.  I think it is better to stop reading.  It is a post about little things that tick her off.  This is the end.

"And last but certainly not least... in honor of election day.. I'll leave you with this one... why is it that liberals act like people with strong morals are the ones that are nuts and need to be committed?"


THERE IT IS AGAIN!  Liberal = No morals.  Where the hell did that ideea come from.  That only Christians or only republicans have morals.  I mean - do people actually believe that????

3 comments:

Susan said...

I went back and left a comment - I just had to.

"Oh - I am trying SO HARD to bite my tongue, I really am. I don't know exactly who you mean when you say liberal. But I have to ask the question. Do you believe that people who are not conservatives have no morals? That offends me deeply because I believe that morality is NOT exclusively a Christian trait - it is a human trait that people, liberal, conservative alike either personally have or do not have. I have seen examples of immoral people in all walks of life as well as moral people who hold beliefs that I don't agree with. So - please be careful throwing such words around. I am a moral, Democrat Christian woman. An, no, that is not an oxymoron."

Anonymous said...

So much for biting the tongue :-) I think you managed to make your point with out it turning into a flame. Well done.

I am a regular at a certain cafe where I eat lunch. I've become friends with the family that run it, they are dear people. The mother has a bumper sticker, "You can't be Pro Choice and Christian." Well, I'm not Christian, but I just don't talk politics there. It would be a disaster.

JimII said...

Susan, I think what you did is really important. People are able to walk around thinking that all liberals are a certain way when the liberals among them don't speak up.

It spurs growth. I think about how much more rich my understanding of the political world and my faith are from being exposed to people I respect who have views contrary to my own.