Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Stiff Dose of Reality

I'm in full general-election mode now, and it's hard not to be feeling a little giddy these days:

WaPo has Bushie at 29% approval as of today.
LA Times reports Clinton voters and women in general are consolidating behind Obama.
New polls are consistently giving Obama a six point lead over McCain.
Obama is opening a big lead in swing states such as Ohio (11 points) and Wisconsin (7 points), leading in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Iowa, and tied or leading in Obama's "new" swing states like Virginia, Nevada and Colorado.
538 uses their bitchin' statistical models to predict a 65% likelihood of a win for Obama, and a 28% chance of an Obama landslide.

So the only real question is whether I would want to go to DC for the inauguration. Could be a fun family trip, right? But then I cast my mind back four long, horrible years and I remember this:

Oh yeah. Guess there's still some work to do between now and November.

No comments: