The idea is not that we won't need any particular aspect of the airforce, the idea is that nothing the airforce does is enhanced by operational autonomy, and that everything they do is enhanced strategically by re-integration with the Army and Navy.
I think it's a compelling case, but I'm not convinced.
Incidentally my grandfather started his Army career as a member of the Army Air Corps as an air defense officer. Then they changed the name to the Army Air Force. When the decision was finally made to split the Air Force out to its own branch, there was a good chance that Air Defense and Artillery would become a part of the Air Force and not stay with the Army.
2 comments:
I think its absurd to think we'll never need strategic bombing again.
The idea is not that we won't need any particular aspect of the airforce, the idea is that nothing the airforce does is enhanced by operational autonomy, and that everything they do is enhanced strategically by re-integration with the Army and Navy.
I think it's a compelling case, but I'm not convinced.
Incidentally my grandfather started his Army career as a member of the Army Air Corps as an air defense officer. Then they changed the name to the Army Air Force. When the decision was finally made to split the Air Force out to its own branch, there was a good chance that Air Defense and Artillery would become a part of the Air Force and not stay with the Army.
That would have made this a moot debate today.
Post a Comment