From the Atlantic's Marc Ambinder:
What's Sen. Clinton going to do this week? I subscribe to the premise that she has shared her thoughts about her future with very few of her friends and colleagues. Nonetheless, here are some clues:
(1) She's going to speak Tuesday night from New York, not from South Dakota or Montana.
(2) The Politico reports that members of her advance staff are being recalled to New York and being given hints that their employment is over; yes, Clinton won't have any more states to campaign in, but the Obama campaign is not shedding its advance staff after Tuesday
(3) Cheryl Mills, a very senior Clinton adviser, intends to return, full-time, to her job as senior vice president at New York University.
(4) Junior members of the staff are making plans for vacation, and they're not receiving any push-back from their bosses.
I dunno. The implication is she's closing up shop and may suspend her campaign. The possibility is that since there are no more primary states to compete in, she's going to continue with a bare-bones organization until the convention. I wish I could believe that this was finally it, but I have lost the ability to count her out. It really is like on of those B-movies where the chainsaw-wielding undead character keeps coming back again and again no matter how many times you knock it down with a double-barreled shotgun blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment