Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eyes wide open

I had mentioned that for us liberals, Obama's campaign finance reversal is not nearly as big a disappointment as his support of the awful FISA compromise. In Left Blogistan, it has taken the bloom off the Obama rose:
This may sound strange, but I am actually kind of relieved that Obama flip-flopped, and stabbed progressives in the back, on telecom immunity and FISA. No, this isn't because I agree with Obama, or that I am glad that the FISA bill looks like it will pass. ... Instead, I am relieved because it seems to have finally done the job is causing the effects of the kool-aid to wear off in blogosphere comment sections. Now, rather than commenters criticizing bloggers for criticizing Obama, the general sentiment is that Obama isn't great, but we need to work to get him elected anyway.
Or, put graphically (and more entertainingly):

No comments: