Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Price to Pay for Partisanship

If zero Republicans vote for the stimulus package, does that give Obama cover to be like "Well, I tried, they just hate America."? Is there any possibility there could be consequences at the polls?

BTW, can someone remind me why Dems vote for shit like the FISA & USA PATRIOT?

3 comments:

James Parsons said...

The House Repub clips I've just been listening to on the news strike the usual "not enough tax cuts!" bloviating, despite 1/3 of the bill being comprised of tax cuts, so I think the opportunity is there for this to be a fatal blow to the Repub orthodoxy, but that kinda depends on this (or any) bill having a discrenible effect, which I think every independent voice acknowledges is frankly a crapshoot.

JimII said...

I am so angry that not one Republican voted for this bill. They love their party so much more than their country that they are happy to watch their country burn to the ground in the name of partisan politics.

Obama and the Democrats should reverse course 100%. He should ban FoxNews from the White House. Republicans should not be allowed to introduce bills. Message received. Our country will not be safe until the grossly anti-American Republican Party is destroyed.

Like everything else, they accuse their opponents of their own flaws: even down to being unAmerican.

Say it with me, but slowly, Fuuuccck theeeem.

JimII said...

Let me say it first, I need to relax. This stuff can't make me this mad. It is unhealthy.