So Ty makes two dolls that look like black girls and name them Melia and Sasha and they had the temerity to say that the president's daughters were not the inspiration. Just say it was poorly conceived and that you're sorry and back off. Don't make yourself look like an asshole and tell the stupidest lie ever.
msd
msd
2 comments:
Agreed.
Though I thought it was a little tone-deaf of the White House to disapprove of the dolls in the first place (which is what prompted Ty to tell the stupid lie). I get that they are going to be aggressive about keeping the kids out of the public eye and protecting their privacy and what-not, and I'm all for that. But this was, you know, GOOD publicity. People really love the girls. It's not like they were voodoo dolls or anatomically correct dolls.
So I support the principle, but it was tone-deaf.
But I think they had to, especially early on, to set the precedent.
If you are serious about shielding them, you have to start right away and be consistent, regardless of whether it seems like it could be a good thing.
Post a Comment