Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bi-level Blogs

Anyone read any bi-level blogs? I have been meaning to start my own blog with a focus on Pediatric Hospital Medicine, with some brief forays into perhaps more mundane topics like Wine and Cycling. I wanted to make it rather approachable, though, so I had an idea for side-by-side blogs. The main blog would have entries where topics would be discussed briefly, with summary statements and not much detail. The companion blog would have greatly expanded entries that would cover the topics more in depth. I'm not thinking of the kind of blog where you have a summary paragraph and then "more after the jump." I'm conceptualizing 2 separate blogs (linking to each other of course) where one gives you the Newsweek version of a story, and the other gives you the Science Journal version and fine-grit detail.
Just an idea at this point, though I'm interested to know if anyone has run into that type of blog. (nothing after the jump)

1 comment:

James Parsons said...

This is the first I've even heard of the approach. Sounds like a lot of work for the blogger, but cool for the reader.

Are you planning to do this as a major endeavour? The techno medical sciencey stuff I mean.