Friday, August 29, 2008

The Winds of Change

I'll preface this with the comment that I do know that this is real, will result in human tragedy, and that I do know that this is not a game.   I am not cheering "for" anything; simply bearing witness to events that are beyond our control.

BUT

How incredibly awesome, on the level of simple karma, is it that a Cat 3-4 hurricane is scheduled to make landfall in or near New Orleans, on the third anniversary of Katrina, on the exact day George Bush is going to be speaking to the Republican National Convention?  

The weather does not have memory, and there is no divine retribution.   Nobody responsible would suggest that a natural disaster should be exploited in a political campaign.

It's just terrible, terrible luck for the Republicans.

Amazing.

1 comment:

Matlatzinca said...

It happens to be the 7th named storm this year. It would've added even more "karma" to have the coincidence of the name "George" for this storm.