Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gay Porn

I am getting a little tired of the MSNBC crew expressing their masturbatory ecstasy over the Democrats. Clinton's speech was great, Kerry was pretty good because it came to an end at some point, and Biden was also great.

Well now we don't have to wonder what it sounds like when Keith Olbermann blows Barack Obama.

5 comments:

shadowfax said...

You know there are other networks, right?

I won't deny that I watched all the MSNBC coverage. I like Olbermann, Maddow is whip-smart and fun, and apparently they booked the "good" Matthews (He must be back on his meds). Andrea Mitchell's nose amazes and hypnotizes me. Even Buchanan seemed insightful (and accurate, for the most part).

I know you won't agree with me, but I am delighted that there's a network that doesn't bash liberals as sport (or part of its mission statement for FOX). And they've even now got an affirmative action program for liberals to be *on* the TV. About fucking time.

shadowfax said...

Oh, did you hear the Olbermann-Scarborough bit? that was funny.

Matt Dick said...

You know there are other networks, right?

Of course you have found the fundamental illogic of my complaint, but I offer the following:

CNN: Largely Larry King interviewing an ex-playboy bunnies who now patiently explains to me that she understands medicine better than all the doctors in the world.

Headline News: Give them 22 minutes, and they'll give you 22 minutes of entertainment news--seriously, do they do anything else now?

ABC: While they have a fantastic website for news, they have no generally available television presence. This is a shame as by my estimation they have the best Washington chief (Stephanopolous), the best columnist cum talking head (Will) the most knowledgeable congressional commentarian (Roberts) and a variety of other sober, bright individuals.

Fox: Well, whatever. If they were as willing as Olbermann to service their side, at least it would shut them up for a brief period.

So I'm left with MSNBC. I love Eugene Robinson, the great OpEd columnist for the Washington Post, I think Maddow is smart but she's just started to turn the corner into Donna Brazile territory where she can't see truth if it's not Democratic victory. I actually really like Buchanan, and have for a while--he is the anti-Brazile in the sense that while he's enormously partisan, he is never blinded by that partisanship. He will talk about the various virtues and flaws of each candidate fairly. It's amazing to watch. I really like MItchell and I can't figure out why she doesn't make the main table more often. Matthews' screaming bugs me.

So I'm stuck, as they are by *far* the best of a bad bunch. I used to like CNN until it became Entertainment Tonight with occasional breaks for Ghost Hunters to air.

shadowfax said...

BTW, as I mentioned, I think Buchanan is a mixed bag at best, but this from the mouth of Kos Himself:

"Buchanan stuns co-panelists:
You guys see the panelists on MSNBC look at Buchanan as though he's crazy? Yup. He's praising Obama's speech. Called it the best convention speech ever.

He's stealing Rachel's schtick."

Just like when Johnson knew he lost Cronkite, he'd lost America; when you've won Buchanan, you've won America.

Matt Dick said...

"Buchanan stuns co-panelists:
...
He's praising Obama's speech.


If the co-panelists were shocked, then they haven't been paying attention. Buchanan never lets his ideology get in the way of his analysis. He has been effusive in his praise of Obama's rhetorical skills, just as he has lauded HClinton's intelligence and willingness to compromise in her Congressional career.

Hate Buchanan for being... whatever in the hell he is, but you aren't credible if you say he won't praise the opposition for their obvious skills.