Thursday, August 21, 2008

And another



Looks like they got the memo.

I agree, BTW, Matt, that they need to be really careful *how* they hit McCain on character. I think that anything that touches on his history simply won't work, and would likely backfire (a la, Wes Clark). However, their "POW" response is only good when it's at least tangentially relevant to the original insult. As it is, McCain's campaign is becoming perilously close to Rudy's: Noun, Verb, POW. And while any attack on his truthfulness or his honesty will definitely provide the opening for the response "How dare you question the honor of a former POW," calling him rich and out of touch seems harder to counter.

Obama does need to be about more than this, but it's also clear that the campaign needed a change of subject, and this may do it. Put McCain on the defense until the convention, then drop it and stay positive, I think.

No comments: