Friday, August 22, 2008

Rumor mill

Lots of crappy rumors out there tonight, no text message from The One. The most telling rumor I have heard, if true, is that according to ABC news' unnamed source, Biden has Secret Service protection as of tonight.

I don't like Biden, ever since he pushed through the Citibank Protection Act Bankruptcy Reform Bill at the behest of his corporate masters in Wilmington. But he's got the foreign policy cred, he's a bulldog, and it gets him out of the Senate so a progressive Democrat can (maybe) replace him. So I can certainly live with this choice. I was hoping for more of a surprise, more of an out-of-the-box pick. But I can live with Biden: he does no harm and will likely help the campaign.

[added] Awesome: I read on a blog that a friend of a friend of a source of a blogger overheard a phone conversation between Biden and Obama staffers making plans for Springfield. (joking) Seriously, one thing that makes me really happy is the discipline of the Obama team. It has and will continue to help him in the campaign, but more promising, implies that an Obama White House might be well-run. I remember the constant leaks and infighting in the Clinton White House and the Hillary campaign. It was painful. A democrat with real management skills might be very effective indeed.

No comments: