So now the trendy thing for Democrats is to refer to Bobby Jindal by his Indian name, which apparently the Governor hasn't used since he was 4 years-old. This, of course, is a direct response to using "Hussein" when referring to Obama.
Honestly, if they think it's a useful strategy, they should have waited to have him named VP candidate before they started it.
3 comments:
1. You are right that it is silly. In fact, I would argue that were Jindal VP, it would be detrimental.
2. You and I get our news from such different sources that it's almost funny. I have honestly spent hours over the past few days reading political news, commentary, and opinion, from both traditional and new media, and haven't even heard Jindal mentioned once. Partly because the attention is focused on Denver and partly because inside money is on Mittens as VP. But seriously, I wonder where you get this stuff?
In this case, MSNBC and the Washington Post--I don't like the implication ("I wonder where you get this stuff?") that I'm off in the weeds.
Got crabgrass stains on your knees, man.
Seriously, no disrespect. I too spend my time in the weeds (great metaphor, BTW), and don't view that as necessarily perjorative. I hadn't heard it, it sounded goofy, you didn't provide a link, so I did assume it was from a new media outlet "in the weeds." Truth be told, you and I *do* have a significant non-overlapping amount of information sources, so it wasn't a huge leap. I would venture to guess that we have more overlap now than at any time in the last decade or so.
Post a Comment