Thursday, December 11, 2008

Misguided Democrats

Isn't the real story here that 13% of Illinois Democrats give Blagojevic's a positive job approval?

2 comments:

JimII said...

Yes, influence pedaling is a horrible betrayal of the public trust. Taking brides and misusing your office for personal financial gain is rightfully illegal, and something federal prosecutors should pursue.

That 13% of the members of his party still support him is shocking in how low it is, not how high it is. We've seen people guilty of much greater sins enjoy much higher approval ratings.

shadowfax said...

Though, I recall that there was a poll *before* he was arrested (in late Oct, I think) showing his approval at 4%. Which is pretty awesome, actually. There were a comparable number of voters who thought Obama was Jewish, I recall.

I mean, seriously, 4%? I think there are more people in favor of "wife beating" than 4%.