Monday, December 15, 2008

IL AG

I just want to say, in the wake of her appearances on the Sunday morning talk shows, that I am a big supporter of Lisa Madigan.  I actually think she has integrity, as much one can expect from a big politician.  I would be pleased if she lobbied for the appointment or ran for the Senate seat.  I would also vote for her for governor.

I also think Pat Quinn is reasonably honest.

2 comments:

JimII said...

Remarkable praise for an Illinois politician these days, particularly coming from you, no?

Matt Dick said...

Actually I've been a fan of hers since the day she took office. Her first move as IL AG was to instigate investigations into her father--who is the Speaker of the IL House.

She's honest, as far as anyone can tell or allege. She's tough, smart and motivated.

My big issue has been Blagojevic. I'm not actually any more cynical about IL politics in particular than I am politics in general. Anyone who thinks IL is wildly more corrupt than average is mistake. More corrupt? Sure, a higher percentage probably are, and 5 out of the last 8 governors shows a dedication that other states can't match, but how many wide stances, congressional page scandals and frozen money do you need to conclude that they're almost all tainted?