Friday, May 30, 2008

Veepstakes

Always fun. I will place my bet on Bill Richardson. I'm probably wrong but he "makes sense." He has the experience, he's Latino, from the swing southwest. And he was a crucial Obama supporter.

He is also gaffe-prone and a sort of lame campaigner. And the beard. Sheesh. So maybe not.

Sebelius would make sense but I don't see what she brings to the ticket other that being a white female (which is good) but not much else. No foreign experience, no geography (we won't carry Kansas in any case), no name recognition. I'll bet against her. I do not think it will be Webb either.

What about Napolitano? Or senator patty murray? What's Carol Mosely-Braun up to these days?

Honestly, I think Obama will surprise us. We'll get that moment of epiphany and think "that makes perfect sense."

Full disclosure: I thought Edwards in 04 was a great choice. So what do I know? Though in retrospect the problem in 04 was more at the top of the ticket.

Lty
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Matt Dick said...

Carol Mosely-Braun is still in bed with Nigerian dictators. She'd be a horrendous, disastrous choice for at least four reasons, perhaps the least of which is that she's actually not very smart.

Matt Dick said...

Oh, and I know you weren't really serious but I had to say it.

Richardson is bad, he's a soft light-weight.

Edwards would be okay. I mean, I'd hate him, but he'd be a good choice. I'm sticking to my Pennsylvania prediction.

Matt Dick said...

He's going white male because he has to. Just forget everything else.

Seriously, and for the same reason that for at least the next 6 months he's not going to hire any transvestite hookers.

Matlatzinca said...

I actually have a huge problem with Edwards. It is hard for me to get over the fact that he made his living impersonating fetuses to win malpractice suits. I nearly didn't vote for the K/E ticket because of him. Not that my vote in NC mattered much in '04.