
OK, I actually had to come home from work to finish my post.
So here's the setting: I'm walking up the stairs and run into one of my OB colleagues, who asks me what Darwin '08 means. I respond that, well, it is an alternative political agenda to the next election cycle. He laughs and says "Well, I'm voting for Pat Paulsen."
I had no idea who this was. I'm thinking: "is this an actual politician I just don't know anything about?" Nope, turns out he was a comic figure in the late 60's on a show called "The Smothers Brothers." Ran for President in the way that Stephen Colbert did, and as was portrayed in the Robin Williams film "Man of the Year" (good flick, BTW).
The funny postscript to this was that it actually took me longer to remember the guys name once I got home, despite having found his website at work. When I got home I couldn't think of the name again and actually wrote Ron Paulos instead.
2 comments:
So it's Huxley for VP?
Francis Crick, definitely. Too bad he was English (OTOH, so was Darwin!)
Post a Comment