I have no idea what HClinton offers Obama as a running mate. I do not take seriously the threat that her Democrats won't vote for him come November, and he needs to move to the center. A running mate with essentially the same policy views will not help. Neither will the most divisive politician of our times.
I think Chris Dodd or Joe Biden make the most sense. Dodd knows how to campaign, he has extensive policy experience, especially in the economy. Biden brings the ticket everything it's missing in terms of foreign policy experience.
Note that I don't like either candidate as a potential president, but these make the most sense for Obama's ticket.
I called Charlie Crist as McCain's running mate back before McCain won Florida and I'm sticking to it.
I think Chris Dodd or Joe Biden make the most sense. Dodd knows how to campaign, he has extensive policy experience, especially in the economy. Biden brings the ticket everything it's missing in terms of foreign policy experience.
Note that I don't like either candidate as a potential president, but these make the most sense for Obama's ticket.
I called Charlie Crist as McCain's running mate back before McCain won Florida and I'm sticking to it.
2 comments:
Agree on Biden -- I intensely dislike him as a senator and as a potential president, but he's a great asset to the ticket as VP. You need your VP to be your surrogate -- the attack dog surrogate in particular. Cheney has been very effective at that. He also balances the ticket well, giving that "wise old man" gravitas with all his foreign policy experience.
I also think Richardson would be good. He's made a few rookie mistakes in his abortive presidential campaign, but nobody can argue with his resume, he's hispanic, and he's from the southwest, so he's got the regional and demographic appeal in addition to the gravitas thing.
Crist? Not gonna happen. Too gay. though it would be awesome if they did choose him!
My grandfather lives in Delaware and dislikes Biden quite a bit. He is essentially a one-issue voter, wants nothing other than to not pay taxes, and thinks Biden has never met a spending bill he didn't like.
Other than that, what is there to dislike about Biden as Senator or candidate?
Post a Comment