Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Punishment

Crazy Andy has an interesting nugget of explanation as to why he is supporting Obama, even though much of Obama's ideology and policies are opposite to Sullivan's ideals. The revealing point (among several others):

Because I want to see such a record [Bush's] punished with electoral defeat for fear they still don't know what they did wrong.

I have a lot of sympathy with that one. I've hated Bush for so long, because of who he is, and because of what he has done, that I really crave some sense of justice done and some little vindication, and at this point all that is left is electoral defeat for Bush and his ilk. Obviously I like Obama on his merits, but I know exactly where Andy is coming from.

lty

1 comment:

Matlatzinca said...

So where were all of these sentiments/momentum 4 years ago?
Oh, right, they were being swiftboated.