I was reading a blog entry from Chuck Todd at MSNBC. He wrote about Obama being compared to JFK, HClinton to Ted Kennedy and John Edwards to RFK. The last was tenuous, but Edwards was on the "poverty tour" which made some sense. Todd's point was the enduring legacy of the Kennedys.
What I took away was how absent BClinton is on the scene now. I am increasingly of the opinion that he will indeed be a forgotten bridge president from the iconic, era-defining Reagan to the iconic morass of Bush Jr. Comparisons to important Democrats are now going back 40 years, bypassing a popular two-term president. His impact is just evaporating.
What I took away was how absent BClinton is on the scene now. I am increasingly of the opinion that he will indeed be a forgotten bridge president from the iconic, era-defining Reagan to the iconic morass of Bush Jr. Comparisons to important Democrats are now going back 40 years, bypassing a popular two-term president. His impact is just evaporating.
1 comment:
Yup. He's going to be the Ike of the latter have of the 1900s. Peace, prosperity, popular and ultimately forgettable.
Not that this is a detraction from the overall success of his presidency: he was blessed to be president in good times, and hamstrung by having to play defense on policy with an adversarial congress. So they were good years but in 50 years history students will gloss over them with maybe a brief note on the blowjob impeachment.
Post a Comment