I don't understand this bit. I guess it means I'm not very smart. Does this mean Obama is smarter than Palin? Does it mean Palin's remarks are confusing?
I seriously have no idea what the hell any of this is supposed to show me. Is it good to speak in easily diagrammed sentences?
Ah, mostly just funny that there are grammar nerds out there who would go to the effort to do sentence diagrams on politicians' speech. The sub point that Obama is smart and speaks in elegantly constructed prose, and that Palin is a blithering twit who speech is so garbled, grammatically, as to defy diagramming, is bonus snark.
2 comments:
I don't understand this bit. I guess it means I'm not very smart. Does this mean Obama is smarter than Palin? Does it mean Palin's remarks are confusing?
I seriously have no idea what the hell any of this is supposed to show me. Is it good to speak in easily diagrammed sentences?
Ah, mostly just funny that there are grammar nerds out there who would go to the effort to do sentence diagrams on politicians' speech. The sub point that Obama is smart and speaks in elegantly constructed prose, and that Palin is a blithering twit who speech is so garbled, grammatically, as to defy diagramming, is bonus snark.
Post a Comment