Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bracing for November

Nationally I'm not sure how I feel about November. The Democrats really don't have a majority now. Conservative Democrats cause deal making and compromising that the public at large expects to be caused by split control. Maybe it would be good if the Republicans take the House, at it seems they will. On the other hand, if the Dems hold the House, perhaps this could be seen as a referendum on the Tea Party Republicans and return sanity to the Republican Party. I would so much rather see reasonable candidates on the other side, than unqualified people who believe creationism is a science and can't name a single recent Supreme Court case.

Locally, things are going to suck. We are going to have a Republican AG, which means a Republican SG, which means major changes in my office. Also, Arizona has become a cartoon with its extreme right legislature and its incompetent Governor. Ug.

1 comment:

shadowfax said...

I'm kind of looking forward to the Blue Dog Holocaust. Seriously, those guys have no reason to exist, and I'd much rather they go away, which it seems like they are poised to do. This is because the most tenuous seats/swing seats are the ones most typically held bu BDs. So in a wave election, they are the first to go. So we will have a smaller, more ideologically coherent Dem caucus.

It's only a pity that Ben Nelson isn't up for re-election this year.

However, what I am not looking forward to is the complete buch of assholes that are going to be in office and possibly in power. This Miller guy in AK sound like a real psychopath/scumbag. Angle is nuts as is Rand Paul. Toomey and Rubio *used* to be the scary nuts of the GOP, but now they seem mainstream in comparison. And ALL of these people will likely be senators. I have (slim) hopes for Reid and Sestak, but none for the other races. Worse, we are going to have Speaker Boehner and Committee Chairwoman Bachmann and the other incumbent whackaloons strutting about and whipping up faux scandals, which will be trumpeted by Fox and the "controversy" will be reported on by the rest of the MSM and pretty soon we will be reading about the "embattled" Obama White House and all of its sordid scandals. If he gives them half of an excuse, they will not hesitate to impeach him.

It's going to be so ugly, and I am just not looking forward to it.