Was googling to double check my spelling of the name "Janine" for totally uninteresting reasons and I was pleasantly surprised to have the first listing be Janine Turner, clever, earthy seductress of Northern Exposure fame, so I followed the link to her website thinking to bask momentarily in the glow of faded schoolboy crushes...
Hey look, she really is as gorgeous as I remembered... Hmm, she's on Friday Night Lights... heard that was a good show, she's probably playing a Mom on it, but still rockin' the same tomboy/knockout charm, good for her... lessee, she's got a lot of interview clips... lots of em from Fox News shows... maybe football dramas are big with their demographics?... the 700 club?... lemmee click on one of these here...
...Oh. I see. She was a celebrity endorser of Sarah Palin. How the... what the... humph.
Weird experience unexpectedly reviving and then destroying forever an image of someone in about 3 minutes.
2 comments:
I saw her on an interview when Northern Exposure was still on, or in recent reruns. That destroyed her for me. Mostly because she was an idiot, though. I found myself wondering how someone so stupid could play someone so deep and intriguing. Then I felt a little silly.
(Similar experience when I saw Winona Ryder describing her love for Johnny Depp, but I got over that.)
On Letterman. Ug. But I have always consoled myself with the thought that,you know, anyone can have a bad night and an awful interview.
Post a Comment