It would be strange if both parties were extreme at the same time, I think. The Republicans in the 1960s were pretty liberal. I believe that the Democrats right now are pretty conservative. Obviously there were conservatives during the 1960s and there are liberals today. But as for the parties, I would be surprised if Matt can really find planks in a Democratic Party Platform to match the Texas Republican Party's call to oppress gays or make women watch an ultrasound before getting an abortion. Support for an end to private property or a marginal tax rate like FDR's that seriously sought to cap wealth (90%). Note: Nixon's 60% tax on income but not on capital gains or inheritance would not meet this one.
Some attack on the Free Exercise Clause similar to the TRP's attack on the Establish Clause.
Completely open borders.
A Department of Peace. I cringe at this one because I think it could be out there. It is pretty crazy and out of the mainstream to the extent its job differs from the State Department.
Abortion provided to minors with neither judicial by-pass nor parental notification.
Complete ban on hand guns
Stuff like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment