
As you can see, 54% of Americans believe in evolution, although most think God played a role in the process. The article lists a series of victories against nut job creationists. Oh, and belief in pure creationism is lower then ever before. But somehow, these true believers spin this as a sky is falling survey. I don't get people.
2 comments:
Not sure which point you are making here. You're saying this is not a "sky is falling" situation? I mean, I agree that there's little new here; it is not a new crisis. But the fact that 40% of Americans believe a religious theory that is contradicted by all scientific evidence is pretty alarming. The fact that these people continue to work various tactics to violate the separation of church and state is pretty bad.
The fact that its been bad for a long time makes it a stale crisis, but a crisis. Nonetheless.
The point is that the statistic about which they are complaining has improved. The situation is getting better.
Post a Comment